Businesses across a wide range of industries are looking for new ways to feed accurate data to Business Intelligence (BI) applications. In retail, this means having access to Big Data that provides metrics on customer flow, dwell time at various locations in stores and malls, and if there are enough employees in key areas to service customers. Other industries such as hospitality, airports, and trade shows seek similar information about their visitors, where they queue, how best to provide information, and if the right staff and services are at the right place at the right time.
As building automation, smart city, and intelligent facility initiatives expand, wireless technologies provide one of the key layers in the overall solution stack. Given that most of the general population carries some type of wireless device, such as a smartphones or tablet, the fundamental edge point of data collection already exists—802.11 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Add to this layer smart badges, shelf, ceiling and merchandise sensors, and now a way exists for businesses to see more and do more using wireless beaconing and packet sniffer solutions.
A Wi-Fi sniffer is a device that passively listens and records information exchanged in a targeted Wi-Fi channel, allowing applications to monitor visitor flow, dwell time, and queue time. Intelligraphics provides a mobile Wi-Fi device driver for TI WiLink™ and select Qualcomm® chipsets that enables customers to create a solution stack for truly portable, mobile wireless sniffer. It features a single Wi-Fi driver that can either act as a Wi-Fi sniffer, or as a regular Wi-Fi driver.
Key benefits include:
- Manage your workforce more effectively, including staff requirement planning and sending notifications in real time so staff stay productive.
- Provide information easily to guests and make services appear seamless.
- Streamline operations and increase revenue per square footage.
- Determine what products and locations in a mall or store are the most popular.
- Collect dwell time metrics to uncover which marketing displays are most effective.
- Use predictive analytics based on historical data to tailor facility layout, marketing campaigns, and optimize visitor flow.
Intelligraphics has developed optimized drivers with packet sniffing functionality for multiple operating systems:
- Capture all 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN frames
- Based on native Wi-Fi Driver architecture
- Frames can be targeted to a different WLAN device
- Captures frames with errors
- Captures data, management, and control frames
- Captures encrypted frames
- Filter capability for selective sniffing
- Captures frames including MAC and radio PHY information and PPI header
- Compatible with industry tools such as WireShark
- Provides granular timestamp of the captured frames
- Captures and sends frames on any supported frequencies regardless of regulatory domain
- Transmit arbitrary frames with arbitrary parameters specified per frame
- Provides WLAN interface statistics
- Multiple WLAN USB cards can be used to capture packets on different channels
- Supports for Wireshark and PCAP interface
- Logging facility for captured packets
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- WinCE 6.0
Supported Qualcomm Atheros USB Chipsets:
- UB82 = AR9104 + AR9170 (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- UB94 = AR9280 + AR7010 (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- UB95 = AR9287 + AR7010 (2.4GHz only)
- AR9271 = Single chip (2.4GHz only)
Supports all recent Qualcomm Atheros PCIe Chipsets:
- AR6174 (LP PCIe)
- AR9592 i-temp
Supports all TI WiLink™ 6, 7, 8 Chipsets: