The IGX MOD37 Industrial Dual-Band Module brings the power-optimized design and extended range of the TI WL1837MOD WiLink™ 8 chipset together with the industry-leading IGX advanced wireless driver to deliver the most powerful, flexible, and integrated WiLink platform available.
As part of the IGX Intelligent Roaming Solutions portfolio, the IGX MOD37 supports multiple hardware, software, and operating systems giving you the flexibility for the most demanding applications. The IGX advanced wireless driver provides fast, seamless roaming along with tight security features to unleash the power of the TI WiLink™ 8 chipset in a unified, industrial-grade solution. A wide range of industries including Internet of Things (IoT), manufacturing, distribution and warehousing, smart gateway and metering, and even security can all benefit from the advanced features the IGX MOD37 delivers.
► Wireless Innovation – Only From Intelligraphics
Seamless, Intelligent Roaming
The IGX MOD37 Industrial Dual-Band Module provides advanced wireless features demanded by the market that not available in other solutions. IGX intelligent roaming changes the way wireless roaming is delivered by providing a vastly improved end-user experience. Pre-emptive signal loss detection and scan optimization greatly reduce the time needed for reconnection down to less than 100 milliseconds, ensuring the module select the optimal access point (AP). Intelligent roaming helps prevent the network stack and applications from detecting a network drop, thus improving overall application reliability and Quality of Service (QoS).
Include IGX custom configuration GUI to suit the deployment
• Roaming and scan parameters configurations
• Radio Type selection
• Power save mode configurations
• Data rates tuning
► IGX MOD37 Advanced WiFi Specifications
|Feature||OS Support WEC7, WinCE 6.0, Linux™, Android™ OS)|
|802.11 a,b,g,n, 2X2 MIMO||All|
|AP Mode||Linux™ and Android™ OS only|
|P2P Mode||Linux™ and Android™ OS only|
|WPS (WiFi Protected Setup)||Linux™ and Android™ OS TBD|
|Power save modes (CAM, PSP, UAPSD)||All|
|Security – Open||All|
|Security – WPA2-Enterprise||All|
|Security – WPA2-Personal||All|
► IGX MOD 37 Intelligent Roaming
Background scan optimizations
- List of channels to scan
- Scan Interval (if 0 do not do background scan)
- Only return roaming candidates that meet certain minimum requirements (for example, a minimum RSSI
Background scan triggers
- Triggers based on background scan on detection of weak RSSI from current connection and on detection of consecutive number of missed beacons exceeding the threshold value.
- Implementation of triggering background scan on Data-rate dropping below configured threshold.
- Triggers based on data rate, RSSI, missed beacons, and retries.
AP selection criteria
- AP selection based on signal strength, channel load, and hysteresis (stickiness) to avoid AP ping pong effect.
Dynamic data rate tuning
- Dynamic data rate tuning that uses signal strength and lost data packet threshold
- The client will send a periodic keep alive to prevent an idle timeout on the AP (0-300 sec period, 0 means no keep alive).
- The driver will not send a “Disconnect notification” event to the OS during the roaming process.
- The driver will not send a “Disconnect notification” event to the OS during a configurable interval of time (0-10 sec) after disassociating from the AP.
► Advanced Diagnostics and Debug Logging
► Connection Maintenance
Connection maintenance algorithms:
- The client will send a periodic keep alive to prevent idle timeouts from occurring on the AP (0-300 second period, 0 means no keep alive)
- The driver will not send the “Disconnect notification” event to the OS during the roaming process
- Moreover, the driver will not send this event during a configurable interval of time (0-10 sec) after disassociating from the AP
- Wi-Fi Alliance: Wi-Fi Certificate
- Regulatory Domain: FCC, ETSI, TELEC
- Windows: HCK
- Cisco Compatible: CCXv4
WPA and WPA2 Enterprise Security
Support for 802.1x EAP types:
- EAP Fast
- EAP TLS
- PEAP GTC
- PEAP MSCHAPv2
- PEAP TLS
- EAP TTLS
- PEAP TLS[endsection]