The IGX MOD37 Industrial Dual-Band Module brings the power-optimized design and extended range of the TI WL1837MOD WiLink™ 8 chipset together with the industry-leading IGX advanced wireless driver to deliver the most powerful, flexible, and integrated WiLink platform available.
As part of the IGX Intelligent Roaming Solutions portfolio, the IGX MOD37 supports multiple hardware, software, and operating systems giving you the flexibility for the most demanding applications. The IGX advanced wireless driver provides fast, seamless roaming along with tight security features to unleash the power of the TI WiLink™ 8 chipset in a unified, industrial-grade solution. A wide range of industries including Internet of Things (IoT), manufacturing, distribution and warehousing, smart gateway and metering, and even security can all benefit from the advanced features the IGX MOD37 delivers.
► Wireless Innovation – Only From Intelligraphics
Seamless, Intelligent Roaming
The IGX MOD37 Industrial Dual-Band Module provides advanced wireless features demanded by the market that not available in other solutions. IGX intelligent roaming changes the way wireless roaming is delivered by providing a vastly improved end-user experience. Pre-emptive signal loss detection and scan optimization greatly reduce the time needed for reconnection down to less than 100 milliseconds, ensuring the module select the optimal access point (AP). Intelligent roaming helps prevent the network stack and applications from detecting a network drop, thus improving overall application reliability and Quality of Service (QoS).
Include IGX custom configuration GUI to suit the deployment
• Roaming and scan parameters configurations
• Radio Type selection
• Power save mode configurations
• Data rates tuning
► Electrical, Mechanical, and Thermal Specifications
|Feature||OS Support WEC7, WinCE 6.0, Linux™, Android™ OS)|
|802.11 a,b,g,n, 2X2 MIMO||All|
|AP Mode||Linux™ and Android™ OS only|
|P2P Mode||Linux™ and Android™ OS only|
|WPS (WiFi Protected Setup)||Linux™ and Android™ OS TBD|
|Power save modes (CAM, PSP, UAPSD)||All|
|Security – Open||All|
|Security – WPA2-Enterprise||All|
|Security – WPA2-Personal||All|
► Seamless Intelligent Roaming
Background scan optimizations
- List of channels to scan
- Scan Interval (if 0 do not do background scan)
- Only return roaming candidates that meet certain minimum requirements (for example, a minimum RSSI
Background scan triggers
- Triggers based on background scan on detection of weak RSSI from current connection and on detection of consecutive number of missed beacons exceeding the threshold value.
- Implementation of triggering background scan on Data-rate dropping below configured threshold.
- Triggers based on data rate, RSSI, missed beacons, and retries.
AP selection criteria
- AP selection based on signal strength, channel load, and hysteresis (stickiness) to avoid AP ping pong effect.
Dynamic data rate tuning
- Dynamic data rate tuning that uses signal strength and lost data packet threshold
- The client will send a periodic keep alive to prevent an idle timeout on the AP (0-300 sec period, 0 means no keep alive).
- The driver will not send a “Disconnect notification” event to the OS during the roaming process.
- The driver will not send a “Disconnect notification” event to the OS during a configurable interval of time (0-10 sec) after disassociating from the AP.
Key Features Security IGX Configuration UI Pre-Certification Testing *3rd party lab fees are NOT included and must be paid directly by the customer
► IGX CCXv4 Support
IGX Configuration UI
*3rd party lab fees are NOT included and must be paid directly by the customer
► Additional Security
|Enterprise Security (802.1x)||EAP-TTLS||EAP-TTLS||PEAP-TLS||PEAP-TLS|
|PEAPv1*/EAP-GTC (PEAP-GTC)||PEAPv1*/EAP-GTC (PEAP-GTC)||LEAP|
|*Included only with CCXv4. Additional Security parameters are configured via the IGX Configuration UI|
► Regulatory Certificates for TI Modules
► Regulatory Domains
► Intelligraphics IGX MOD37 Specifications
|Dimensions||13.4 × 13.3 × 2 mm|
|Mounting Type||Surface Mount|
|Packaging||Tape and Reel (TR)|
|Operating Temperature||– 20° C to +70° C|
|Antenna Type||Integrated, Chip|
|Supply Voltage||2.9 V ~ 4.8 V|
|Receiving Current||79 mA ~ 85 mA|
|Transmitting Current||420 mA|
|Output power||17.3 dBm ~ 18.5 dBm|
|Data Rate||54 Mbps ~ 100 Mbps|
|Operating Systems||WEC7, WinCE 6.0, Linux™, and Android™ OS|
|Device Drivers||Linux™ and Android™|
For detailed electrical, mechanical, and thermal specifications, see the TI WL1837MOD WiLink™ 8 datasheet located at: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/wl1837mod.pdf